Sunday 23 October 2011

So what are you going to do about accountability!?!


So it’s been a week (perhaps even a little more) and I know I promised to write and I’m behind ...but I swear I have been thinking of you. This week I’ve taken a keen interest in my health, I’ve even ventured back to the gym. True story.
Chatting to my sister on the phone the other night and I was telling her about my plans. Like most sisters heading into summer she was thinking the same thing, time to shed a few wobbly bits...
Much to my surprise after hearing about the changes I'd beeen making she spat out the words...”what are you going to do about accountability??”.
You should probably understand at this point that my sister in an international lawyer and her brain functions in a highly effective and clinical manner- even when it comes to her mouth and knicker size. So yes she was literally asking me “how are you going to record and track it, how are you going to prove your commitment”. Ahhhhh the legal profession.
So what am I going to do about accountability?
nothing.
As I have said in the post before this eating and exercise change is out of love of my body not out a self hate or disappointment. However my big sis has a point… maybe I need a system.
So I went out and bought a lolly jar.
What’s that you say?  Lollies aren’t on diets? Ummm no they aren’t…. But guess what… they are on mine. See to be quite honest I’m not a big sweets eater but this little jar is in my cupboard as a sign that I trust me and if I want a peanut M&M… I can have one. I’m just choosing not to at the minute. So my jar sits there, leaving me totally accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment